Businesses in Springfield and Sangamon County are encouraged to take the ALL IN 4U pledge, a new health and safety initiative organized by several community organizations to instill consumer confidence and energize the local economy.
As our community moves into the next phase of re-opening Illinois, Springfield and Sangamon County businesses are unifying and pledging to “go all out” to ensure the health and safety of anyone who walks through their business doors. Participating businesses will receive resources to promote their pledge publicly through social media and with signage for their business.
“On behalf of the Springfield Hotel & Lodging Association, I am proud to announce the All IN 4U initiative,” said Darin Dame, Vice-President of the Springfield Hotel & Lodging Association. “This has been a collective effort to ensure the City of Springfield & Sangamon County is a safe environment for not only its community members but for our visitors. After taking the pledge, businesses will be given an ALL IN 4U window cling to display. This window cling will be a symbol that we are taking every precaution possible to help people feel comfortable in our hotels, restaurants and all of the other amazing businesses Springfield has to offer.”
The ALL IN 4U pledge confirms that the business will adhere to specific guidelines and expectations by promising to:
- Follow health and safety guidance from county and state public health departments
- Communicate and train employees on safety protocols and behavior expectations
- Provide a health-focused work environment
- Keep customers safe with thorough sanitation and social distancing
Though participation is highly encouraged, the ALL IN 4U pledge is not mandated, associated with, or regulated by the CDC or any public health entity. It is a voluntary action for intent to follow best practices only. But organizers believe the positive impact of the pledge could really help local businesses. Scott Dahl, Director of the Springfield Convention & Visitor’s Bureau said, “the ALL IN 4U pledge reassures travelers that Springfield is ready to visit again.”
Businesses interested in joining the ALL IN 4U initiative should visit www.ALLIN4U.org for more information and to actually take the pledge online.
- Downtown Springfield Inc.
- The Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Illinois Small Business Development Center at LLCC
- Innovate Springfield
- Local First Springfield
- MacArthur Boulevard Association
- Office of Planning & Economic Development, City of Springfield
- Sangamon County
- Springfield Black Chamber of Commerce
- Springfield Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
- Springfield Hotel & Lodging Association
- Springfield Sangamon Growth Alliance
- UIS Office of Economic Development & Innovation